TAHEA Mwanza continues to deliver the same unique services as we have delivered in the past since the services have proven to add sustainable value to the under resourced poor families and the communities. TAHEA Mwanza will promote inclusiveness of the poor families in the community by promoting and facilitating investment in early childhood development (ECD) towards better future human capital; promote quality education, health and nutrition as one of basic needs in the family wellbeing. Promote and supply clean seeds and planting materials for improved food production with the intention of achieving household food security and surplus production for sale to increase household income. Promoting Economic empowerment through supporting community managed micro finance activities, building entrepreneurial skills and providing market linkages to improve family incomes that support basic family needs, including shelter, food, education, and health. TAHEA Mwanza aims to support resource poor families and communities by empowering them to ask from duty bearers for good governance, to participate in the community planning/ budgeting and to request for the proper use of community resources for community development. TAHEA Mwanza shall increase number of development partners and funding base to enable the organization to implement effective programs targeting the poor.
Interventions and Target Group
To support the development process TAHEA Mwanza implements three main programs: Education, Agriculture and Health. Our Micro Finance program is embedded in all programs.
- Community Based Education Intervention (CBEI) – Targets Children 3 – 8 years.
- TPAIDS – Train, Practice, Assess, Intervene and Share (Improving literacy and numeracy skills among young children) – targets preschool children.
- Community Managed Micro Finance (CMMF) – Targets Resource Poor Community Members.
- Community Based Vocational skills training- Targets Youths
- Integrated ECD Services Provision (early learning & stimulation, health, nutrition, child protection) – Targets children, expectant and nursing mothers and the local government.
- VUTAMDOGO -Literacy and Numeracy promotion among class 1 & 11 in after school – Targets Children attending class 1 & 11 (pilot) and Youths as Facilitators.
- FURSA KWA WATOTO – Targets Government Pre Primary – Schools
- ECD Programming Capacity Building to CBOs – Targets 6 CBOs.
- Children and Families affected by HIV/ AIDS (health, nutrition, early stimulation, protection & Economic strengthening) – Targets children, women, and MVC families.
- KINGA Marando – Provision & promotion of clean, disease free sweet potato planting materials – Targets Farmers.
- SEFAMACO – Integrated Value Chain Development and Smallholder Commercialization of Sweet Potato - Targets Farmers.
- Community Research Based Intervention (pilot) – Hygiene and Sanitation promotion in Schools – School Children.