Our Resources Center
High quality training must begin with high quality trainers; the center offers you the advantage of meeting the largest multi-disciplinary team in education, health, food and nutrition, social walfare, community development, agriculture, law, environment, Community Managed Micro Finance and Finance.
We have a track record in working with rural communities in all areas of human development garnered through working with young children, parents, communities and collaboration of the like-minded organizations both government and non-government. We believe in holistic human development that is why our ECD training programs are linked to community capacity building in the areas which improve the care environments where the child is nurtured.
Changed Practices for All Early Childhood Development Practitioners
We inspire early childhood professionals and Para professionals to excel in practice and achieve their best for each child under their care.We do this by:
- Setting the standards for the development of ECD practitioners who missed formal training.
- Training, mentoring and coaching ECD professionals.
- Leading, developing and encouraging best practices in ECD.
- Supporting continuous learning among ECD practitioners.
Areas of Expertise
Our training program are devided into the following areas:
- ECD professional development
- Research and Best practices in ECD
- Continuing Education for ECD Practitioners
- Community Education in Agricultural practices, Animal husbandry, Local Chicken keeping, Vegetable gardening, Child Care, Nutrition, Entrepreneurship skills, Community Micro Finance Activities.
Our Rular community Resource and Trainning center has a Chirld Care Unit where
- Trainees can observe learning activities for children below 5 years of age and they can practice with young children during training sessions.
- The developing Child Library where both Teachers and Children can have fun in learning.
Classrooms with Difference
- How we teach and train you will determine how good you become as we base on the classroom challenges encountered by the practitioners, our informed practice empowers both our Trainees and young children
- Our training package use both National ECD Training Modules and those tailor-made Modules from the changing care environments and practices.
- We encourage Learners discussions and sharing of experiences to encourage reflective learning.
- Our training encourages positive cultural practices which are easy to adopt and we work on them for improved training.
- We empower you with knowledge and skills which transform your daily practice with young children which makes you an Agent of Change.
- Community Members and Parents are part of our successful Classroom as they carry the experiences home for children to learn with them.
Our Training Program are offered through
- Unit of Research and Best Practice
Leading the way by continuous innovations, which are informed by emerging experiences in working with young children, thereby raising quality and standards. An example is TPAIDS (Train, Practice, Assess, Intervene, Document and Share) approach to learning where all children have the right to learn at their own pace, every child is unique.
- Unit of Continuing Professional Development
Developing industry-relevant training sessions that enhance care and education practices for ECD practitioners.
- Unit of Continuing Education
Offering alternative pathways of filling the gap of missed formal schooling among practicing Para professionals.